Oceanus Marine Ltd. offers full service and assistance for commercial yacht owners to survey and register their yachts under the Maltese flag and yacht coding. Oceanus Marine Ltd. offers full service and assistance for commercial yacht owners to survey and register their yachts under the Maltese flag and yacht coding.
Registration of Ships/Yachts under the Malta Flag
Malta is strategically placed at the crossroads of a number of important shipping routes. Furthermore, since the Malta flag is a flag of confidence and a flag of choice, Malta’s Ship Register is today one of the largest and most reputable ship registers in the world. All types of vessels may be registered under the Malta flag and take advantage of certain benefits particularly fiscal, available under Maltese law.
- An Internationally Recognised and Reputable Jurisdiction;
- EU Compliant Legislation;
- Adherence to International Conventions on Safety and Security;
- A Well-Organized and Fast Registration System;
- Clear and Certain Laws Relating to Mortgages;
- Low Registration Costs;
- No Restrictions on the Nationality of the Master, Officers, and Crew;
- No Restrictions on the Sale or Transfer of Shares of a Company owning Maltese Ships;
- Preferential Treatment to Maltese Ships in certain Ports;
- Twenty Four Hour, Seven Days a Week Service in respect of Urgent Matters;
- An International Maritime Centre Providing the Whole Range of Maritime Services, Ranging from Bunkering to Towage, Shipbuilding, and Repair;
- Attractive Incentives to Owners, Charterers, and Financiers of Maltese Vessels of over 1,000 Net Tons (NT), these Advantages may also Extend to Smaller Vessels.
- The Total Gross Tonnage (GT) Registered in Malta is over 39 Million (2010).
- The Average Age of Vessels Registered in Malta is of 12.78 years (2010).
- One of the Top 10 Largest Maritime Flags in the World (2010).
- 2nd Largest Maritime Flag in Europe (2010).